Dating When You’re Married – 5 Date Ideas!
DECK THE HALLS WITH a whole lotta crazy busy days, ugly Christmas sweater parties, gift-giving, and content creation 🤪 Don’t get me wrong – I LOVE all of these things! The holidays are my fave time of year! But the calendar fills up SO quickly, and sometimes, the busyness can lead Jordan and me to forget to prioritize each other. I know that we cannot be the only ones who have this struggle, so I wanted to share a few married date ideas for these crazy times!
Since we spend so much time inside on our computers, we try to get outside as much as we can. It’s gettin’ chilly here in Dallas so we have been loving our Koolaburra kicks for the cooler weather. I love these Remley Shorts – they’re literally like Uggs but more affordable! And Koolaburra is actually a branch of Ugg, so you know the quality and comfort is there. Jordan has been wearing the Kirans, and he’s obsessed! I honestly think these are such cool guy shoes – like he looks like a Pinterest model in them hehe 😏 These shoes are perfect for our outdoor adventures together!
Snag a pair of boots or slippers for yourself and your man this winter! You can get $10 off each full-price Koolaburra product in an order with code LTK2019DANI at checkout!
5 Married Date Ideas!
- Tacos, mamacitas 😏 + NO work talk! Jordan and I regularly get tacos from a really great place in our neighborhood. We’ll usually throw on our Koolaburras and head up the block. The most important part of this date is NO talking about work! Since we work together, it’s super important for Jordan and I to have work-free time together.
- Go for a walk. It’s simple, but literally the most effective way for us to open up and talk about what’s happening in our hearts and minds! No phones allowed. We just head to our fave trail and take a walk with the pups and each other – never underestimate the little things!
- Hit up the local Christmas festivities. Dallas has some AMAZING street festivals and holiday events! I really want to go drive around and look at all the Christmas lights this year! Some neighborhoods have competitions, and it’s SO FUN.
- Have a game night. Bring it back to your youth, ladies! Grab the board games or try an app-based game and just have some fuuuun! If you wanna have other couples over you could make it a big double (or triple, or quadruple!) date night! Or honestly, you could just have ANYone, couples or not. It’s fun to spend intentional time with your significant other AND other people! It just depends on what your marriage needs atm!
- Do some exploring! Sometimes you can forget how amazing your own city is, especially here in Dallas! We only moved back here a couple of years ago, and honestly, we are so busy that we haven’t even seen all the sights yet. So take a day or evening and go be a tourist in your own town.
I would LOVE to hear your date ideas! How do you carve out time for your significant other during really busy periods?
Thanks to Koolaburra for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.