A Sassy Mama’s Morning Routine
Rise and shine, Sassy ladies! The sun is up and the day’s begun. Wait, what? You can’t get outta bed? Just a few more minutes of shut eye? Yeah, I hear ya…sometimes getting up and going it tough. Trust me, there’s plenty of days I don’t want to get out from under the covers. And then there’s the days when I’m full of energy and ready to go! Either way, I am dedicated to my morning routine and faithfully do these things each and every day.
Thank you to Billie for sponsoring this post and schooling me in the right way to do shaving. My life has gotten a lot more smoothly (*wink wink*, I’m so punny) since I started using the $9 subscription shaving service!
FOR THE MIND.
- PEP TALK. First thing’s first…before you leave your bedroom it’s time for a morning pep talk. Look in the mirror and repeat after me: You’re a hot, sassy mama! Now say it with conviction, ladies! Giving yourself a compliment in the morning is a surefire way to start the day on the right foot with a positive attitude. Learn more about what it means to be sassy here.
- DON’T SCREEN. Resist the temptation to grab your phone and scroll through social media. It’s easy to get in the habit of looking at your phone the minute your eyes open, but don’t. TBH, I spend so much time on social media throughout the day, I need a few minutes in the morning to be screen-free.
- OOOOM. Next, I like to spend some time practicing meditation. You can do whatever feels right for you: sit with your eyes closed, go for a walk, whatevs! Being mindful in the morning sets me up for appreciating the day ahead and keeping an open mind and heart. Bonus points if your significant other practices this with you! It can be a special bonding time for the two of you.
FOR THE BODY.
4. I love to drink a big glass of water in the morning. It’s a great way to wake up the body and feel refreshed. Many people like to drink theirs lukewarm, with things like lemon, honey, or ginger. This morning ritual helpful for jumpstarting digestion…and let’s face it, we all know we don’t drink enough H2O.
5. Regardless of how I slept the night before, I faithfully use my jade eye roller to reduce puffiness. These rollers feel so good against the skin, and they make a huge difference in keeping your looking bright and fresh.
6. Then, I hop in the shower and scrub-a-dub-dub! I’ve made a few updates in my shower routine this spring. One being the latest innovation in shaving. Yes, shaving. I tried the $9 subscription service for women and it has made my life so much easier, a real game changer. Here’s how it works: They send you a Starter Kit with a handle, holder, and two refill cartridges, then ongoing send you refills however often you need them! Billie is the fancy way to shave, with all natural body care, I feel so refreshed after every shave. The smoothest shave, and I LOVE the shaving cream. It’s like nothing I’ve used before. Perfect for all the cute swim and spring outfits!!
7. Finally, my morning routine isn’t complete without a short reading or podcast as motivation for the day. I love listening to others’ inspirational words to set me on the right path, remind me of my goals, and get my head in the right space. Find what works for you—maybe this is something you do at home, or even on your commute to work.
I’m a firm believer in routines (Type-A personality here!), and I’ve come to love (and even look forward to) my morning routine. So what are your morning must-dos? Let’s share and inspire others to make each other’s mornings the best time of the day.
How can you improve your morning routine? Let us know in the comments below!
Shop the post
Thank you to Billie for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.