Ya girl is always SNACKIN! I have a bunch of snacks I love. Verb Energy Bars, fruit, frozen chocolate-covered bananas from Trader Joe’s (YUM), but one of my fave snacks lately? Popcorn! Did y’all know that freshly made popcorn is high in fiber and low in calories?! Plus, you can flavor it so many different ways. I wanted to get a popper that helped prevent burning – aka, no stovetop poppers, please 😅 I’m a microwave kinda gal. I got this awesome popcorn maker from Amazon and I wanna show y’all how it’s done.
1. Pop the bowl open and pour in 1/2 a cup of popcorn.
I love the classic yellow Orville kernels, but there are so many kinds of kernels you can get! Yellow kernels are super big and fluffy, white kernels are typically a little smaller and less fluffy, and there are also like blue and red varieties that all have subtle differences in flavor and texture! You could become a straight-up popcorn connoisseur if your heart so desires 👩🍳
2. Add 1-2 tablespoons of butter or oil and stir until the kernels are coated evenly.
Butter tends to burn a little more quickly, so you have to keep an eye on it. Pro tip: it’s really good to try to get olive oil into your diet several times a week. Eating healthy oils is so important for your skin and hair and overall body health! So I’d recommend you either use olive oil or sunflower oil.
3. Put the lid back on and pop it in the microwave for 3-4 mins.
It will sink down like halfway, but it’ll rise as the popcorn pops! This helps you to see it grow and know when it stops to prevent burning. So smart (and fun)!
4. Season away!
Ladies. We’ve got butter. We’ve got salt. We’ve got Trader Joe’s Chile Lime seasoning. You can literally buy packs of seasoning from Amazon! It’s like making movie theatre popcorn at home y’all, with wayyy fewer calories.
I honestly got so excited thinking about the cute things I’m gonna do with this find.
- Make a popcorn buffet for the fam and friends (when it’s safe to, of course) and let people add M&Ms or peanuts or whatever seasonings they want!
- Put together cute chocolate covered popcorn gifts around the holidays 😍
- OMG STRING POPCORN FOR THE CHRISTMAS TREE without that gross microwave popcorn bag smell!
Have you made homemade popcorn before? What’s your fave way to flavor it?!