If you’ve been around here for a while, you know that I am a HUGE morning person. I naturally wake up so hyped for the day that I actually had to CUT caffeine! I really believe that starting your day right can shape how you approach your whole day, and it’s a mind, body, soul deal! You have to invest in yourself to start seeing those results. So I wanted to share my fave tips for owning your mornings and kicking Mondays in the bootay!
- Inspiration board it up! It really helps me to remember my goals first thing in the morning. I like to either have a inspo board somewhere close to my bed, or a list of my goals on my bedside table. It’s also super handy to have nearby for when inspiration strikes!
- Speak some affirmations. I personally like to have biblical affirmations and inspirational quotes to recite to get my day goin. I love reminders about who I am and what God made me for!
- Read the news. It’s sorta nice to just remind yourself about what’s going on in the REST of the world to get a little perspective for your day and remind you of your influence on others. I usually listen to a short news podcast or read The Skimm!
- Get in a few laps. Nothing gets your body going like some E-X-C-E-R-C-I-S-E! I have been LOVING my friend Julie’s online course! Plus, you don’t even have to leave your house in the mornings. If you work an office job, it’s especially handy to be able to workout at home so you can shower and get ready for work on time!
- Don’t skip breakfast! It doesn’t really matter what your breakfast of choice is as long as it’s at least relatively healthy and balanced! I think breakfast is good for the mind as well as the body – it reminds you to slow down a little and to make time to take care of yourself.
- Shower with cold water. Okay, I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out: start your shower hot, but near the end, turn it to cold real quick! Cold water is actually better for your hair and skin, and it also wakes you up and gives you a burst of energy.
- Be still. Spend some time with Jesus – whether it’s in scripture, or song, or prayer, or whatever – take a little bit of time to just be still and know that He is God!
- Put on a killer playlist – don’t skimp on this! Make a bomb playlist during the week that’s gonna pump you UP in the mornings! Here’s my running playlist if you want some ideas hehe.
- Dress to impress. When I get up early enough to be able to pick a cute outfit, and do my hair and makeup, I feel SO much better. I love that quote “always dress like you’re going to see your worst enemy” hahaha. Dress like your BADDEST self mama 😉
I get excited just writing this! I’m ready to hit the hay and do it all over again tomorrow. What helps you feel ready to go in the morning? Any tips from any former night owls turned early birds??