5 Travel Essentials | My Carry On Essentials
I’m about to be doing a LOT more traveling this next month. First, I will be headed to Cincinnati to visit the Olay headquarters (check out my IG for more behind the scenes deets), Nashville for T-Swift (EEEK!), NYFW, and then Canada with my girls! I’m so excited and already exhausted lol. You know what I mean, traveling can be so draining!! It can be uncomfortable if you’re not prepared. I remember trips where I had layovers longer than expected or worse, stuck in a cold, noisy plane when all I want to do is arrive at my destination.
I’m all about making my life more efficient because I honestly don’t have time to waste, especially when I travel. I’ve learned a few tricks of the trade from my time in the air and am sharing 5 of my essential items to carry with you on the plane to make for a better flight!
Here’s what you need:
- CAUDALIE BEAUTY ELIXIR. Most times I travel with make up on but even for the times I don’t, having a refreshing facial mist is a lifesaver. The plane can be so dry, it sucks the life out of me and this spray helps wake me up and glows me up at the same time! I spritz after long flights to bring myself back to life when I arrive at my destination.
- EYE MASK. – We are busy, sassy mamas and it’s important to get some shut eye whenever you can. The plane is not the ideal napping place, but it’s a rare moment to disconnect from the internet and other distractions. Pack an eye mask and headphones to tune out for a bit!
- SWEATER / CARDIGAN. OK. I do not mess around with being cold. The last flight I was on was frigid and I was so uncomfortable the entire time. Dani not happy. I never travel without a sweater or jacket, you never know what to expect from your trip! I know us Texas peeps think we can handle any temperatures but I don’t mess around with the cold!
- PORTABLE CHARGER. I don’t even know if I need to explain this. My phone has the worst battery life, and the airport is not a place to be caught without battery juice! You never know if you can score an outlet. Plus it’s nice to have during your travels when you’re out all day!
- COSMETIC BAG— AKA DIY EMERGENCY KIT. Luckily, I’ve never had any major issues with my luggage getting lost but I’ve heard horror stories. Since I am so afraid of losing my luggage, I try to carry on some items I would be lost without during my trip. For me that’s my makeup bag because it would be such a pain to replace. I like to keep it close if I need any touch ups or have an early flight and want to do my makeup while I wait. I have made myself an emergency kit with the most important items: mascara, foundation, lip balm, hand cream, mini dry shampoo, toothpaste/toothbrush, deodorant, feminine products…literally anything you need day to day.
Hopefully these items make your next flight easy-peasy. Gotta try to live that jet-set lifestyle, ya know! More travel/packing help here!
What’s something you always pack in your carry on?
my travel essentials